Cottleville Community Fire Protection District
Cottleville Community Fire Protection District is accepting internal and external resumes for the position of Executive Office Manager. The qualifications and general duties for the position are included in this posting.
Steps to Apply
Pay and Benefits
Qualifications for Application:
- Minimum of five years prior related work experience strongly preferred
- BA or BS in human resources, business administration, accounting or related field strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of personnel benefits and/or HR administrative functions strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge base of financial and accounting principles preferred
- Ability to learn new software programs on an as needed basis, skillful in using the following programs including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher and Adobe programs such as Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment as well as manage deadlines and time constraints
- Customer focused, detail oriented, good team member
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
Steps to Apply:
Complete Application for Employment at the bottom of this page and upload your resume with the application below.
Applications and Resumes must be received by by 12/27/19, 16:00 (4pm). For any technical difficulties, contact Skip Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Executive Office Manager (EOM) is a multi-faceted position that advises and assists the command and other staff with all business aspects of the Fire District. The EOM shall provide benefits and general human resources administration, assist with financial management, manage an administrative assistant and provide clerical and other support such as the preparation of reports, presentations, and other documents as needed. The EOM is a salaried, exempt employee that reports directly to the Fire Chief. A non-suppression employee of general staff without rank.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for advisory, administrative and professional support to the Fire Chief for all business, human resources and financial functions of the District.
- Provide internal customer service and HR support to all employees including benefit administration.
- Manage and support an administrative assistant, who is responsible for payroll, accounts payable/receivable, and also provides office support to the Fire Marshal.
- Provide external customer service by providing a warm and welcoming environment for visitors and callers alike. This includes, but is not limited to, answering phones and directing callers to the appropriate destination, checking and responding to voicemails as needed, welcoming on-site visitors and processing mail to appropriate personnel.
Under general supervision of the command staff this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the Fire District to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Command staff support: Draft correspondence and other formal documents such as meeting agendas and minutes.
- Administrative tasks: such as, general clerical support, data entry, scanning documents, following up with customers or vendors.
- Maintain and record citizen complaints
- Provide back up support as needed when other staff members are out of the office, which may include:
- Assisting the Fire Marshal with letters, notice of violation, permits, inspections, site plans and reviews
- Account Payable & Receivable: Processing vendor invoices and payments in a timely manner.
- Process Payroll: Administer biweekly payroll and perform the necessary functions to process payroll when the administrative assistant is not available
Pay and Benefits
There is a 3-year escalating pay scale, determined by qualifications.
Year 1 $68,742-$70,510
Year 2 $74,491 – $76,259
Year 3 $80,240 – $82,008
Benefits include health care, dental, vision, disability, retirement, and other.
The final decision on hiring will be made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
Posting: 12/10 to 12/27
Resume due by 16:00hrs (4pm) on 12/27/2019
Interviews 1/ 2 to 1/10
Recommendation to the BOD on 1/13