The Cottleville Fire Protection District is seeking applicants for Firefighter/Paramedic positions to be placed in a future eligibility hiring pool. Firefighter/Paramedics provide the necessary manpower and expertise to assist in normal, as well as, emergency operations of the department as directed by the Company Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in assigned duties
- Daily work routine
- Public Relation
- Hydrant inspections
- Hose testing
- Fire prevention inspections
- Other duties as assigned
- Interface with assigned relief person and inform same of necessary information.
- Complete any and all forms and checklists, which may be required of their assigned positions.
- Participate in apparatus and equipment checks and reports any deficiencies to the company officer.
- Inform the company officer of any safety issues that are observed.
- Participate in all training evolutions that the crew is involved in.
- Perform all assigned evolutions, as directed by the company officer, at emergency incidents.
- Responsible to always present a professional appearance and attitude when representing the district.
- Maintain a working knowledge of District Best Practices, Policies, and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid Missouri Driver's License
- Possess and maintain a good driving record
- Firefighter I and II certifications that are accepted by the Missouri Division of Fire Safety
- Possess and maintain, as a condition of employment, a current and valid Missouri Paramedic license or current licensure with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as a Paramedic
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support ACLS & CPR Healthcare Provider
- Possess a current COVID-19 vaccination card exhibiting full vaccination.
- Possess a valid Candidate’s Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certificate, issued in the past twelve (12) months at the time of job offer to continue with pre-employment testing.
- Successful passage of drug screen, physical exam, and fitness test upon job offer.
Applications will be accepted until December 16, 2021
Cottleville Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer