The Cottleville Fire Protection District is seeking applicants for Firefighter/Paramedic positions to be placed in a future eligibility hiring pool. Firefighter/Paramedics provide the necessary manpower and expertise to assist in normal, as well as, emergency operations of the department as directed by the Company Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in assigned duties
- Daily work routine
- Public Relation
- Hydrant inspections
- Hose testing
- Fire prevention inspections
- Other duties as assigned
- Interface with assigned relief person and inform same of necessary information.
- Complete any and all forms and checklists, which may be required of their assigned positions.
- Participate in apparatus and equipment checks and reports any deficiencies to the company officer.
- Inform the company officer of any safety issues that are observed.
- Participate in all training evolutions that the crew is involved in.
- Perform all assigned evolutions, as directed by the company officer, at emergency incidents.
- Responsible to always present a professional appearance and attitude when representing the district.
- Maintain a working knowledge of District Best Practices, Policies, and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid Missouri Driver's License
- Possess and maintain a good driving record
- Firefighter I and II certifications that are accepted by the Missouri Division of Fire Safety
- Possess and maintain, as a condition of employment, a current and valid Missouri Paramedic license or current licensure with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as a Paramedic
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support ACLS & CPR Healthcare Provider
- Possess a valid Candidate’s Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certificate, issued in the past twelve (12) months at the time of job offer to continue with pre-employment testing.
- Successful passage of drug screen, physical exam, and fitness test upon job offer.
Applications must be submitted online by Friday, November 25, 2022 in order to be considered for the December testing and interview process.
Cottleville Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer