The job description and general duties for the position are as listed below.
Qualification to Apply
Steps to Apply
Assignment of Successful Candidate/Candidates
Qualifications for Application:
21 years of age
Driver’s license valid in MO.
Current MO or National Registry EMT license
Firefighter I and II Certification through state of MO.
Current CPAT Certification
Steps to Apply:
Pick up application packet at 1385 Motherhead Road, St. Charles, MO 63304 between 0800 hours and 1600 hours, on December 4, 2018 to December 11, 2018.
Return completed packet no later than 1600 hours on December 11, 2018.
Job Description/ Duties and Responsibilities
- A non-exempt employee that operates as a Missouri Certified Firefighter and state licensed EMT.
- Responds to emergency situations and performs functions within the NIMS system.
- At times, may be exposed to various elements of nature and hostile environments either manmade or natural.
- Reports directly to their assigned Captain:
- Personnel issues
- Identifying training issues
- Requests for resources
- Status of equipment and apparatus
- Outstanding performance issues or issues needing recognition by the district
- Other issues as they arise
Duties and Responsibilities:
Overall Responsibility: To provide the necessary manpower and expertise to assist in normal, as well as, emergency operations of the department, as directed by the Company Officer or Staff Officer.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in assigned duties
- Daily work routine
- Public Relations
- Hydrant inspections
- Hose testing
- Fire prevention inspections
- Other duties as assigned
- Interface with assigned relief person and inform same of necessary information.
- Complete any and all forms and checklists, which may be required of their assigned positions.
- Participate in apparatus and equipment checks and reports any deficiencies to the company officer.
- Inform the company officer of any safety issues that are noticed.
- Participate in all training evolutions that the involving the crew.
- Perform all assigned evolutions, as directed by the company officer, at emergency incidents.
- Responsible to always present a professional appearance and attitude when representing the district.
- Maintain a working knowledge of district Best Practices, Policies, and CBA.
The process is made up of four parts consisting of:
- Application packet submission
- A written assessment
- An oral assessment
- A summary and discussion of all of the above by the hiring committee, followed by a recommendation by the Fire Chief to the board of directors.
The final decision on hiring will be made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors based upon the recommendation by the Fire Chief.
All candidates scoring high enough on the written test will be placed in an eligibility pool. Interviews will be scheduled from this pool of eligible candidates.
Schedule of Events
Posting: December 4, 2018
Packet pickup and Submission by 1600 on December 11, 2018.
Written Assessment: at Cottleville Fire Station 1, 1385 Motherhead Rd on December 17, 2018, 0900 hours
Candidate interview: at HQ on December 21, 2018 at assigned times
Start date after: January 14, 2018.